As an Ebay Store owner for over a year now, I have done plenty of research into this question!
Why shop in an Ebay Store, you may ask? There are a few reasons.
1. Variety- There is a store on Ebay for just about any type of item you could imagine! And usually, a specialty store will carry a variety of the same item.
2. These owners treat their store as a business! In some instances, Auctions are run solely as a hobby or a means of getting rid of stuff for a seller. In a store, you will be treated as a valuable aspect of the seller's business! Auctions can be a great resource as well. I am in no way saying that an auction format is less valuable.
3. Knowledge- Most who sell primarily in one category, have done extensive research into their items. They are available to answer your questions.
4. Savings - Buying your items from a store can save you money! If a store has 3 widgets you are going to purchase, in most instances, shipping will be combined! That is much cheaper than purchasing 3 different auctions and paying shipping for each!
5.Commitment- It has been my experience here in buying that a store owner is committed to serving you with the utmost customer service. After all, it is a business to them. They WANT you to come back!
6. BEST OFFER - This is an invaluable buying tool! Many store owners now add a Best Offer option to their listings. This enables you to set the price you are willing to pay! Be fair and you can get an even better deal than anticipated!
7. Pricing- Many sell multiples of the same item and therefore can offer them at phenomenal deals!
8. Hidden Gems - Some items may not show on a general search. There are so many buried treasures I have heard found within these stores!
How Do I Shop An Ebay Store?
There are a few ways to do this.
1. On the Ebay Home Page, click on the STORES link on the upper left hand corner!
2. Do a search for a particular item. At the bottom of the page you will see a message to see items from Store Owners. Click on this and you are in!
How Do You Recognize A Store Owner?
Each Ebay seller who owns a store has a red door symbol posted next to their feedback score. If you click on the door, you will be taken to the store run by that seller!
So, next time you find yourself bidding on an auction, check to see if the seller has a store! You may just be pleasantly surprised by what you find inside!
I hope I have encouraged you to at least check into this great feature within Ebay! Thank you for reading this guide.
Think you would like to open a store of your own? Check out this link to help you get started: http://pages.ebay.com/help/stores/questions/ebay-store.html
***Please note- this guide is, in no way a means of stating that store owners are always better sellers! I have had wonderful experience shopping many auctions as well. It is just a means of providing education and exposure to the positive aspects of purchasing through an Ebay Store!