Step by step setup speed trap and red light camera GPS POI database in your Garmin GPS.
- You will need Garmin POI Loader to install speed trap data. If you don’t have POI Loader installed in your computer, please download and install POI Loader from Garmin website.
- The speed trap data are divided into seven categories. The data are compiled to two formats, csv and gpx formats. Use either csv or gpx files with bmp icon files. Please don't use both csv and gpx files. You can create a folder and copy over either csv or gpx files in there, as well as bmp icon files.
- Connect GPS unit to computer using USB cable. Run POI Loader, on welcome window, click “Next”.
- On device selecting window, make sure your GPS device name shows in device box, then click “Next”.
- Choose “Install new custom POI’s onto your device”, then click “Next”.
- Click “Browse” to select the directory where the speed trap data is. Then choose unit. In Canada, choose “Meters and KPH”; in USA, choose “Feet and MPH”. Then click “Next”. POI Loader will load the speed trap data into your GPS.
- When it’s done, you will see how many POIs were loaded in your GPS. Click “Finish” to exit.
- Disconnect GPS, you are ready to go.
- To check loaded POIs, you can do the following steps on your GPS:
- Tap "Where to?"
- Tap "My Locations"
- Tap "Custom POIs"
- Then you will see speed trap categories.
- Clock one of them, You will see all speed trap POIs.
- Choose any one, then tap "Map", then you will see the actual location on the map.
Copyright © 2007-2008
Guide created: 06/02/08 (updated 04/06/10)