It can be overwhelming at first to think of all the little and big things your newborn will need in the coming months. If you are a new mom-to-be, you might be wondering if you have all your bases covered. I have created a check-off list to help you be sure and to also assist when making your baby registry. I have included the essentials that you will need to before the big blessed day arrives! **smiles** Here Goes......
Since babies grow so fast, make sure you register for varies sizes of these items before the baby arrives. You'd be amazed at how many newborn outfits you will receive that the baby will never get to wear because he/she grew so fast!
- Sleepers (6-8)
- T-Shirts (4-6)
- Socks or Booties (4-6 pairs)
- Swaddling Blankets (3-4)
- Hats or Beanies (2-4)
- Crib Mattress Pads (2-3)
- Crib Sheets (3-4)
- Waterproof Crib Liner
- Baby Hangers (at least 2 dozen)
- Shopping Cart Cover (this is for after baby is sitting up on their own)
Since Newborns go through 10-12 diapers a day, stock up on these items to insure that you don't run out.
- Diapers (Newborn and size 1) Belly button cutouts are not necessary because you can fold-over the tops of the diapers, save the extra money there :)
- Baby Wipes (buy the bulk box with refills, they not only last longer but cost less the more you buy, trust me, you will use 'em!)
- Diaper Rash Cream (we get ours from the Health Food store, its made with plant extracts and is all natural, works much much better than zinc oxide any day!)
- Changing Pad
- Diaper Pail
- Diaper Bag
Again, we use the Paraben-Free Variety of Shampoos and Baby Washes from the Health Food store or WholeFoods, we find this can help reduce the chance of craddle cap and other scalp problems in newborns.
- Baby Wash and/or Shampoo
- Washclothes (3-5)
- Hooded Towels (3-5) These are the BEST!
- Infant Tub some will require the Giant Tub Sponge especially in the first few months
- Infant Nail Clippers
- Brush and Comb Set
Of course if you decide to breast-feed you will have instant convenience anytime anywhere. You body will adjust naturally to your babies changing caloric requirements. If you decide to bottle feed here are some supply suggestions.
- Bottles (6-8) Some babies have preferences of different styles so you may want to try rubber or silicon nipples
- Nipples (6-8)
- Feeding Pillow (these are Fab, especially when you need a soft place to lay baby or while holding him/her on your lap)
- Bottle Brush
- Burp Cloths (6-8)
- Bibs (6-8)
- Baby Monitor
- Any other Nursery Decor that matches the Theme you have chosen
When you Register, try to pick a mix of not only newborn toys but older baby items so your little one will have toys to grow into. You might find that in general he/she will have a couple favorites and will ignore the rest anyway, so go for the age variety!
- Attachment Crib Toys/Mirrors
- Bouncer Saucer
- Soft Board Books
- Infant Center
- Musical Toys
The Big Stuff
These are the bigger items that you will need for baby, oh yeah these are the ones that take up the most space too. Time to make room for baby! :)
- The Crib
- Portable Crib aka Portacrib
- Stroller (a word of advice...don't skimp out on this one, the pricer brands are worth it, trust me I have been through a dozen cheapies)
- Car Seat & Cover
- Baby Carrier
- High Chair
I would call these the "Essentials". Of course, you will find so much more must-haves as you shop. If you make sure that you have these items covered you will be in pretty good shape. I hope you find this helpful in preparing for your new little one. If you have found this helpful would you please vote "yes"? Thanks so much for taking the time to read my guide and God Bless You & Yours! :o)